Association of Blind Asians
The Association of Blind Asians, ABA, is a city-wide project providing support services to visually impaired people in Leeds. ABA is a culturally diverse group and has been running since 1989 to promote and improve the lives of people from Black and Minority Ethnic communities with visual impairments.
Our mission is…
- To provide and deliver services that are flexible, accessible and promote choice and independence.
- To provide multi-cultural services that take account of an individual’s background.
- To reduce the stigma within communities and overcome the barriers that affect people with visual impairments.
- To reduce social isolation and improve the health and wellbeing of an individual.To raise awareness of the issues that affect people with visual impairments.
- To support carers and families to provide information, advice and access for people with disabilities.
We are part of Arts Together because it will give us the opportunity to engage and network with different communities through arts platforms, and invite them to engage with our groups.
Touchstone Support Centre
53-55 Harehills Avenue
Telephone: 0113 2103347